Monday, August 27, 2007

Houses

I haven't been blogging because I've been spending all of my free time agonizing over the house hunt, but no more! I officially have a place to live and can start spending my weekends doing other things!

I failed to find a place in Balmain, but I did get a lovely cottage in Glebe, which is my second choice neighborhood, and far far from a bad place to live. It has some added advantages also of being within walking distance to work, close to a movie theater, and on the light rail line. It has a rowing club and its own network of beautiful parks and harbourside paths.

It is also the neighborhood where I had originally intended to live. Funnily enough, I took a picture in Glebe when I was here for 24 hours in April that became my mental image of where I was going to live: it turns out that picture is around the corner from my house!

Pictures will follow shortly. And I take posession on Friday, and a top priority will be getting internet service set up, which means more pictures, more blog posts, more US phone opportunities and options.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds great, hon. I bet your starter makes some yummy pancakes.

Sam said...

Yay Abby! Can't wait to see the pix. Or maybe you can give me the wireless laptop Skype video tour . . .

Love, Sam