Thursday, July 24, 2008

Boxing Glove

Did the "squeeze" on my hands tonight in sculpture and had time the last half hour to start chipping away at the plaster cast. I managed to get the wrist clear of the female hand and it looks for all the world like a hand wearing a boxing glove. It was hard to put away the tools and say goodnight--there is something magical about the moment when a chunk of plaster falls away cleanly and you see something that is recognizably sculpture underneath.

I like this class, too. The teacher is much better, more sociable, and there were only two other very nice seeming students there, a late 40s-early 50s man and a woman not too far from my age.

1 comment:

Boxing Glove said...

I am almost brand new to blogging and really like your post, it is really on target!