Saturday, November 17, 2007

More Sydney fashion sense

I guess I haven't been out and about on weekend evenings until now, because once again, I am struck by the fashions, which, to my eye, are fairly hilarious. 20 somethings here really do dress straight out of the Reagan years. I saw another fabulous get-up tonight: a waistless navy blue mini dress with the bottom hem falling one third of the way down her thigh and finished with a sort of cuff that is smaller in diameter than the skirt above it, causing the skirt to puff a bit. The dress had a mock turtleneck and possibly even puffed cap sleeves (not sure I quite remember). The only updating was a circle cut to display too much of a silicone-enhanced cleavage. Opaque dark stockings and white precariously high heels. Frosted highlights and a suspiciously even and dark tan.

Sorry, I feel a little snarky and mean talking about fashion here. I AM being patronizing. But it is nice to feel snarky and patronizing sometimes when so often here I am the clueless one....

No comments: