Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I miss my books

Through a long and random series of events, which I won't bother recounting here, I have developed a near overwhelming desire to have my book of Edna St Vincent Millay sonnets to read RIGHT NOW! I thought about including her in my FedEx package (along with my other longing, Home Comforts) but then thought I could survive for a couple of months without a book of poetry that I only occasionally want to read.... Sigh!

Anyway, in a desperate attempt at a substitute, I have started to write my own Millay-ish sonnets. The results of the attempt will most certainly NOT be posted here, but one consequence is that I have iambic penameter running as a drumtrack in my brain right now. I wonder if that might be the solution for my writers block on my game theory article.....

"The earlier attempts to model fraud
are limited in mutitudes of ways....."

hee hee hee.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Let me know if that works, OK? I need something...