Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Driving rules

I know I am starting to get used to the whole driving on the left thing, because I had a moment of disorientation watching a US movie car scene the other day. I had a moment of "wait, what are they doing driving over there?" But I am far from all the way there yet. As I was walking downtown today to deposit a check during my lunch break, I was crossing a small side street that had a car waiting to turn onto the main street. As I would normally do, I tried to make eye contact with the driver to make sure they saw me and weren't going to pull forward while I was walking in front. I hesitated because the woman was looking down the street and totally unaware of my presence. But then I realized that doh! she was the passenger spacing out....

No comments: