Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Buses

One other event of note today:

I actually took the buses recommended by 131500, the Sydney transport guru website to get to and from the agent. They leave from the Queen Victoria Building in the CBD and take highways to get to Balmain, so the walk to the stop in the CBD seems far, but the bus is super fast, comes ever 10 minutes or so, and stops right near "my" house. And there are a series of sky walkways that get you over various busy roads and deep gorges so the walk isn't too long. Through fairly horrid Darling Harbor tourist hell, but it doesn't take long. Furthermore, it is just a couple blocks from the ferry to Balmain, so if I see the ferry pulling away as I get there and don't feel like waiting a half hour, I can get to the bus without too much walking in circles.

Round trip to the office and back, including the visit with the agent, took just over an hour.

The bus is the one referred to in the picture as being on Montague.... [Errr. The photo refuses to load over my slow home connection, so I'll post it later....]

No comments: